Posts tagged Ghana Lutheran Church
On evening Saturday, 2015 August 15, Bishop Paul Fynn of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ghana, Dr. Albert Collver, Director of Church Relations for the LCMS, and Dr. David Erber along with LCMS missionaries Steve and Cindy Schumacher and professors and students from the Ghanian Lutheran Seminary dedicated two new seminary residences.
Blessing of the Seminary Residence in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
Cutting of the Ribbon
The seminary residence was built in cooperation with a grant provided by the Global Seminary Initiative (GSI), LCMS human care, and the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ghana. The seminary residence was needed because of the completion of the Ghana Lutheran Seminary which was dedicated by President Matthew Harrison, and the new missionaries who have arrived in West Africa.
Bishop Paul Fynn, Dr. Albert Collver, and the Builder of the House
The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ghana was established in 1958 by missionaries from The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. ELCG (Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ghana) became a partner church of the LCMS in 1971. Currently membership of the ELCG stands at 29,000. Nine missionaries from the LCMS are working alongside local pastors, evangelists, and lay leaders in more than 1,000 congregations and preaching stations.
The dedication service outside the residence
Missionary Steve Schumacher pictured signed at the dedication
After the dedication of the residence house, a tour of the house was provided. The house was constructed to international standards so that Westerners would feel comfortable staying in the house.
Advanced, energy efficient lighting in the living room
A modern kitchen with furnishings from Germany
People gathering and enjoying the evening
Rev. Steve Schumacher and his wife Cindy pictured
The seminary residence pictured with a car port and a wall.