FullSizeRender 7

On evening Saturday, 2015 August 15, Bishop Paul Fynn of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ghana, Dr. Albert Collver, Director of Church Relations for the LCMS, and Dr. David Erber along with LCMS missionaries Steve and Cindy Schumacher and professors and students from the Ghanian Lutheran Seminary dedicated two new seminary residences.

IMG_1748

Blessing of the Seminary Residence in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit

IMG_1750

Cutting of the Ribbon

The seminary residence was built in cooperation with a grant provided by the Global Seminary Initiative (GSI), LCMS human care, and the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ghana. The seminary residence was needed because of the completion of the Ghana Lutheran Seminary which was dedicated by President Matthew Harrison, and the new missionaries who have arrived in West Africa.

IMG_1747

Bishop Paul Fynn, Dr. Albert Collver, and the Builder of the House

The Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ghana was established in 1958 by missionaries from The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod. ELCG (Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ghana) became a partner church of the LCMS in 1971. Currently membership of the ELCG stands at 29,000. Nine missionaries from the LCMS are working alongside local pastors, evangelists, and lay leaders in more than 1,000 congregations and preaching stations.

IMG_1759

The dedication service outside the residence

IMG_1754

Missionary Steve Schumacher pictured signed at the dedication

After the dedication of the residence house, a tour of the house was provided. The house was constructed to international standards so that Westerners would feel comfortable staying in the house.

IMG_1740

Advanced, energy efficient lighting in the living room

IMG_1744

A modern kitchen with furnishings from Germany

IMG_1746

People gathering and enjoying the evening

IMG_1743

Rev. Steve Schumacher and his wife Cindy pictured

IMG_1762

The seminary residence pictured with a car port and a wall.